[governance] Substantive discourse processes for the Brazil MSM (was Re: Meeting ... between the LOG and 1Net)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Jan 16 09:00:10 EST 2014

Dear all

After a bit more delay than I had hoped, I'm now ready to start woking
on a proposal document on substantive discourse processes for the
Brazil MSM...

I have set up a wiki as a workspace for this, please be bold in editing
http://digital-age.info/wiki/Brazil_2014_proposal_on_substantive_processes
and pages that you create, linking them from there.

Hopefully we will be able to identify at least one reasonable way in
which substantive inputs can be handled, a way that will be seen as
acceptable from a broad variety of perspectives (not limited to civil
society perspectives).

I think that what ways for handling substantive inputs are reasonable
will depend to a significant extent on assumptions about the
objectives of the MSM, which haven't been decided yet. It might be the
best approach to make several proposals on the basis of several
possibilities for how the objectives of the meeting can be defined.

In any case, let's get going!

The following three people (who are not subscribers to the IGC mailing
list) have requested to be Cc'd:

Richard Hill <rhill at hill-a.ch>
Daniel Iga Mwesigwa <daniel.igamwesigwa2003 at gmail.com>
Birgitta Jónsdóttir <birgitta at this.is>

Please keep them listed in Cc over the course of this discussion.

Greetings,
Norbert