[governance] IGC Co-Coordinator Elections Candidates (Update)

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 07:30:41 EST 2014

Dear All,

Warm Greetings! Trusting that you have all had a very good holiday.
Following calls in June, 2013 seeking nominations of candidates for the
co-coordinator position to replace me and in light of the recent
resignation of Norbert Bollow, this is to advise that we will be
facilitating the elections to elect two co-coordinators as both positions
are vacant as at December 31, 2013.

I am only acting in this position until the conclusion of the elections.
Traditionally, post elections, we have often received complaints that
people were not happy with the slate of candidates, however, given the
multiple notices and opportunities given to the community to offer
yourselves or nominate people, I believe there is no room to complain
against the slate.

I have great pleasure in announcing the candidates and they are:

1) Deirdre Williams
2) Imran Ahmed Shah
3) Mawaki Chango

Their candidate profiles including their biographies, disclosure of
interest and vision for the IGC can be viewed here:
http://igcaucus.org/election-2014-2016-nominees

We have been getting ready to facilitate elections and you should expect
the ballot papers in your mailboxes in the not too distant future. I would
like to take the opportunity to thank all those the candidates and wish
them well.

We had one candidate who was nominated offlist but withdrew.

With every best wish,

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro
(Outgoing co-coordinator)