[governance] MAG 2014

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 16:24:28 EST 2014

Hi Ian
I very much hope so too and CS must learn the relevant lessons as well.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:

>   Yes, good to say many of our current members maintained, but the new
> members are a little disappointing (although I am personally pleased to see
> EU Pirate Party MP Amelia Andersdotter included) And thanks to Qusai for
> his long term involvement on our behalf which ended with this renewal.
>
> But none of the new nominations from Best Bits, IGC, Diplo, and APC – all
> of whom nominated separately – were included. At the time, Sala and Norbert
> commenced a series of discussions with other  groups, aiming at getting
> together a common slate of candidates. That did not succeed within this
> timeframe, although there was some cross-endorsement. So various civil
> society groups nominated separately and the lack of a common set of
> candidates probably did not help.
>
> Since then the groups have started to work together on nominations to
> other bodies, which I think is a step in the right direction. But that
> effort needs some substantial work, and some changes, if it is to go
> forward. But perhaps this might be an additional catalyst towards
> co-operative efforts.
>
> Ian Peter

REMMY NWEKE,
Lead Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
(publishers of) DigitalSENSE Business News;
ITREALMS, NaijaAgroNet
(Multiple-award winning medium)
Published by: DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza
Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475,
T: @ITRealms <http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
[Member, NIRA Executive Board]
Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in
Nigeria<https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeria>
NDS Forum on Internet Governance for Development (IG4D) 2014<
http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>- June 5
Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable 2014 <http://www.ipv6forumnigeria.ng> - June 6
@Welcome Centre Hotels. Register now. Email: remnekkv at gmail.com
*Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
any copies. Violators may face court persecution.