[governance] Re: [bestbits] emails to Adiel

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sat Jan 11 08:10:03 EST 2014

William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2014, at 5:57 PM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>
> wrote:
>
> > On Friday 10 January 2014 09:51 PM, Anja Kovacs wrote:
> >
> >> However, before the message that the meeting would now be an
> >> LOC-only one came, Adiel did nevertheless respond to that request.
> >> As we (ie the 4 networks that appointed the liaisons) have
> >> insisted on dealing directly with the LOC,
> >
> > Yes, we did.. So wrong to approach 1Net coordinator to facilitate
> > our participation when we expressly decided against it..
>
> For the third time in two days on three lists I find myself in
> agreement with Parminder, which may be a cause for concern to us
> both :-)
>
> Could someone please remind me which are the 4 networks that insist
> on dealing directly with the LOC

The November 25, 2013 letter on this topic, which is available online
at http://bestbits.net/brazil-reps/ is signed as follows:

Best Bits Interim Steering Committee (steering at lists.bestbits.net)
IRP Coalition (info at irpcharter.org)
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro and Norbert Bollow, coordinators of the
Internet Governance Caucus (coordinators at igcaucus.org)
Association for Progressive Communications – APC (anriette at apc.org)

In case anyone cares about what the formal status of this matter might
be in relation to IGC: Strictly speaking IGC is not among the
signatories of this letter, and it is not a statement of IGC, as IGC
has not formally endorsed it. The two people who were at the time the
co-coordinators of IGC have signed it, and the contents of the letter
certainly reflect what was in Bali the consensus of the people who met
in person in civil society meetings to discuss these matters, in
meetings which were announced on the IGC list and in which many IGC
members participated.

Greetings,
Norbert