[governance] IT for Change as At Large

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Fri Jan 10 10:51:52 EST 2014

Hi,

Parminders knowledge of ICANN is - I would say - limited and a little bit a fantasy world because he does not participate in the meetings and has only second hand knowledge.

Here is a proposal for Parminder:

Could you consider to join as IT for Change ICANN´s At Large Community? ALAC prepares now the second world summit of Internet Users for London in June 2014 (ATLAS II)? The first summit (ATLAS I) was in Mecico in 2009. This was a great meeting and ICANN accepted, inter alia, the recommendation to give the At Large/Civil Society Groups in ICANN a voting seat on the ICANN Board.

It would be good if such an important voice as IT for Change would raise its voice in a constructive way in this community. It is simple to join. You just write an application to become recognized as an ALS and provide the needed documentation. Being part of it you will probably get another perspective which is closer to the real world. There are a lot of good people from civil society there.

Best wishes

wolfgang