[governance] Nomination of Parminder

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Jan 8 20:38:27 EST 2014

On 08-Jan-14 20:08, David Conrad wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2014, at 3:24 PM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 8:25 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
>> <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
>>> -1
>>
>> In the light of what transpired in Bali, I have to agree with Suresh!
>
> For those of us who didn't have the fortune to be in Bali, this is a bit cryptic.  Could someone describe or point to "what transpired"?
>
> Thanks,
> -drc

Sure.  The short version.

Parminder was verbally aggressive with several people during the meeting.
Some walked out.
I objected.

He was then physically aggressive/threatening towards me
(no contact, but i felt physically threatened).
More people walked out, including me.

The meeting continued, I heard.

After the meeting, I appealed to the co-coordinators of the IGC to do
something about this.

The appeal was never formally responded to, though I did get some
updates on ongoing discussions.

In the meantime, while I still lurk on this list, for the most part I
decided to avoid participation until such time as my appeal was ruled on.

avri