[governance] Call for Nominations - Brazil committees

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 19:23:29 EST 2014

i think all the names should be gathered in one place and then the
expression of support should be gathered, I know more people applied but
not in the open list
Ian, are you still the person that would do that?
thank you

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Catherine Roy <ecrire at catherine-roy.net>wrote:

> I also support Norbert's candidacy.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Catherine Roy
> www.catherine-roy.net
>
> On 2014-01-06, at 18:01, Mawaki Chango <kichango at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I support Norbert's self-nomination/expression of interest to serve on the Executive
> Committee.
> I am confident he will be a great asset for ensuring the inclusion of
> broader civil society perspectives during the agenda setting exercise for
> the BR meeting.
> Thanks,
>
> Mawaki
>

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:
>
>> Jeremy and Ian and all,
>>
>> this is an expression of interest to serve on the Executive Committee
>> for the São Paulo meeting.
>>
>> My chief interest in this context is to contribute to ensuring that
>> the agenda setting process for the São Paulo meeting will be
>> sufficiently inclusive of all relevant perspectives: Of course a single
>> two-days event that aims to reach a consensus on an outcome document
>> cannot productively address a too big range of topics, but I would
>> insist that it is critically important to carefully ensure that the
>> framing of the discourse on those topics is open enough that no kinds
>> of perspectives, especially no civil society perspectves, are excluded
>> from the outset.
>>
>> Brief biography: Born in Germany in 1968 and attended public schools
>> there; moved to Switzerland in 1985 and studied mathematics and physics
>> and some informatics in Zurich. Significant technical experience
>> especially with FOSS technologies and standardization work. Active in
>> organized civil society processes related to IT and the Internet since
>> 2004. Careful to keep the topics of civil society engagement separated
>> clearly from the topics of business interests.
>>
>> Relevant experience includes:
>> * Chairmanship of the “Swiss Internet User Group” (SIUG), 2006-2009.
>> * Having successfully negotiated, as a civil society person, with
>>   Microsoft a fix to their patent non-assertion pledge regarding OOXML
>>   and some other specifications to resolve a potential patent threat
>>   to GPL-licensed software. (PJ of Groklaw was so surprised that she
>>   published a picture of a flying pig, in relation to this.)
>> * Chairmanship of the Swiss mirror committee for international
>>   standards on “Document Description and Processing Languages".
>> * Participation in the drafting process for the outcome document of
>>   the 2013 WSIS+10 review event in Paris.
>> * Having served as a co-coordinator of the IGC for most of 2013.
>> * Participated and organized workshops at multiple IGFs. This includes
>>   successful cooperation with the “focal points” for the CSTD Enhanced
>>   Cooperation WG for all non-governmental stakeholder constituencies to
>>   hold a workshop at the Bali IGF on “MS selection processes:
> [...]

*Carolina Rossini*
*Project Director, Latin America Resource Center*
Open Technology Institute
*New America Foundation*
//
http://carolinarossini.net/