[governance] Re: [CoNE-elist 632] Agenda EMC meeting

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Feb 24 10:23:38 EST 2014

I would share Norbert's concerns about a draft initial input.

But I would not advocate going into the meeting with a completely blank slate.

Why can't the people preparing an initial document try to establish only basic agenda items with pointers to each of the contributions and perhaps outline the similarities and differences among the proposals?

For example, presuming there are proposals for IANA globalization, you set aside part of the agenda for that, you list all the various proposals about it, with URLs to them, and at most come up with a list of questions to be resolved by the meeting

Milton L Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
Internet Governance Project
http://internetgovernance.org