[governance] Re: [] Agenda EMC meeting

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Feb 20 10:51:15 EST 2014

On 20-Feb-14 16:31, Marilia Maciel wrote:

All sounds good.  though now the temptation to procrastinate in stead of
writing this weekend is strong.

> -  Overall, registration for the Conference is still slow (353 people),
> although Business and CS is going in a good pace. I think this is
> expected, as stakeholders have different timings to engage. I would
> suggest that some of us here that are mainly Academics register under
> the Academic sector;

For those who have already registered, can they change their
affiliation?  Or do they just re-register?

Also, how will a CS person who is also an academic, registering as an
Academic (or even Technical Community) affect their membership in CS
groupings?  Can they be sure that they won't then be excluded from CS
activities for having neglected to register as CS.

thanks for the report and the work.
avri