[governance] 3166-7

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Feb 17 07:37:52 EST 2014

What could be called the "Snowdenian Awareness" has a certain number
of positive impacts.

1. the first one is that it makes difficult for crime without this
being noticed to unilateraly take a faster advantage from IUCG
contributions than the rest if the digital community. This gets rid
of a killing weight on us. I have therefore advanced the VGN concept
that unites all our concerns as stakeholders on an equal footing with
ICANN, the USG, IETF in terms of technical solutions and
digirelational governance.

2. the second one is the reason why we urgently need our full
capacity to innovate: the IETF technology is vulnerable. NSAs
throughout the world carry their job: it is abnormal that it can be
so easy. It it is easy for them it is easy for competition, ennemies,
and crime.

3. the third one (taken to the first degree only) is: why was it so
easy for an external contractor having only signed a form to "curl
-O" 1.7 million of secret files and to take them on a ride round the
world. It seems that our data are better protected at Google than at
the US NSA. This means that our processing management vision is to be
reviewed. This calls for distributed processing, capabilities,
information and intellition protection strategies, and a powerful
consistent precaution doctrine for the Intelligent Systems.

The universe is a "dis/con" history between continuity and
discontinuity. Both can be managed. Catastrophes, self-organizing
criticallity, penetrations, etc. happen as edge effects. Everywhere
we therefore should favor continuity and focus on fringes, building
smart interfaces that can seamlessly extend continuity into
discontituty and discontinuity into continuity. Architectonically
this means to patch the edge with fringe interfaces.

In the internet we have that capacity. It is consistently documented
through RFC 1958 and 3439 (everything which is not end to end
datagram transmission is to be carried at the edge, and everything
MUST be simple), RFC 5895 exemplifies how this can be carried at the
fringe in the IDNA case and more generaly the OPES (Open Pluggable
Edge Services) tools address the need (RFC 3238).

In the coming weeks I therefore propose you to review the whole IUCG
concerns from a VGN point of view, associating a parallel VGNIC
review in order to obtain an InterUse covenant that will facilitate
the emergence of an InterTech level to seamlessly support multiple
technologies over the internet.

Best
jfc