[governance] The greatest threat in the world today to peace....

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Feb 11 03:14:54 EST 2014

Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:

> a fine line needs caution and avoiding taking position against another
> member [..] no hard feelings here, but I would really like that you
> take time to think about it again with more self-criticism.

If I start treating this list with more caution than I have so far,
that will probably mean participating much less than I have been
doing. From various rational perspectives that may be a positive
outcome.

I'll freely admit that it is legitimately possible to come to a
different conclusion that I did on whether it was 100% appropriate for
me to express the opinion “it is off-topic on this list to complain
about a specific posting being off-topic”, in the way (and with the
timing) of how I did so.

I'll also freely admit that maybe someone with greater diplomatic
skills than I have might have been able to make this point in a more
tactful way etc.

I still think that this was a valid and important point to make though,
in the context of a discussion which was perhaps unfortunate but which
had started anyway.

By the way, the process itself which has led to this posting is IMO a
good illustration of why I think that criticizing someone else's
actions in making a specific posting is generally against the IGC's