[governance] Re: RSVP - discussion of governance mechanisms (was Re: substantive proposals for Brazil summit - IG)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun Feb 9 14:08:12 EST 2014

Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:

> Not sure we need yet another mailing list for this

I'm not sure of that either, but it still seems to me a significantly
better and more transparent approach than the alternatives that I have
considered, given that I want to be able to invite people who won't
necessarily want to receive all the various other messages that get
posted on the IGC and BestBits lists.

Let me emphasize that this new list is a topically narrow list to
address specifically issues around robustness of governance mechanisms
against capture and other forms of undue influence by special
interests. It is *not* a general list for Internet governance related
discussions, we definitely have enough of those (and a bad enough
crossposting problem) already.

Greetings,
Norbert