[governance] Final Message to the IGC as co-coordinator [Goodbye and Thanks]

Fatima Cambronero fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 13:20:04 EST 2014

+1
Thanks Sala for your hard work during difficult times.
We hope you continue engaged to the IGC issues.

All the best,
Fatima

2014-02-05 Deirdre Williams <williams.deirdre at gmail.com>:

> Dear Sala,
> I wish I had half of your energy.
> Thank you so much for everything that you've done
> Big hugs
> De
>

> On 5 February 2014 08:33, Ginger Paque <ginger at paque.net> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations and appreciation to Sala, for a job well done, in a
>> complex time for the IGC and IG.
>>
>> I am continually amazed by Sala's energy and perseverance in difficult
>> situations. Thank you Sala!!!
>>
>> Warm wishes, Ginger
>>

>> On 4 February 2014 03:19, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
>> salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Colleagues,
>>>
>>> Warm Greetings from Suva, Fiji,
>>>
>>>  It seems like only yesterday when several people asked me whether I
>>> would be interested in standing for co-coordinator. In fact, if I knew what
>>> I knew about what co-coordinators do, I most probably would not have stood.
>>> :) I had no clue of what was in store.
>>>
>>> Suffice to say, my role was easy because my predecessor Jeremy Malcolm
>>> made it easier for me to transition into my role. He had migrated the list
>>> from the cpsr to where it is today. I was also fortunate to have Izumi who
>>> had been serving beside Jeremy for around a year before I came into serve.
>>> I would like to take this time to especially thank them for their
>>> collaboration and patience.
>>>
>>> At the outset, one of the first things I had set to do in my new role
>>> was to communicate with all past coordinators and over time, I would seek
>>> their counsel and their collective wisdom. I would also like to thank all
>>> of them for their patience, wisdom and dedication. Special thank you also
>>> to Norbert Bollow my fellow co-coordinator who contributed immensely behind
>>> the scenes. It was a privilege to work alongside you. Chaitanya Dhareshwar
>>> has also been extremely helpful behind the scenes and my load was easier
>>> because I had people like Chaitanya who was generous in volunteering his
>>> time.
>>>
>>> There are few aspects of civil society engagement that can be improved
>>> if people take the initiative to push forward statements, submissions etc.
>>> This is probably the only civil society group whose members and subscribers
>>> belong to other civil society organisations. As Nnenna once mentioned, the
>>> IGC is the oldest civil society organisation formed since the creation of
>>> the WSIS.
>>>
>>> The last two years, we have encountered several challenges both
>>> internally and externally where levels of polarized debates affected our
>>> capacity to negotiate or be functional in our advocacy. As this was
>>> happening, there were changes happening in the dynamic landscape of
>>> internet governance such as the uncertainty of Internet Governance etc.
>>>
>>> For each person that unsubscribed or left the IGC, six people would
>>> join. The average ratio of the unsubscriber is to subscriber is at an
>>> estimated 1:5

> [...]

*Fatima Cambronero*
Abogada-Argentina

Phone: +54 9351 5282 668
Twitter: @facambronero
Skype: fatima.cambronero

*Join the LACRALO/ICANN discussions:*
https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es

*Join the Diplo Internet Governance Community discussions:*
http://www.diplointernetgovernance.org/

*Join to the Internet Society (ISOC): *http://www.internetsociety.org/