[governance] IGC ELECTION RESULTS [Welcoming the New Coordinators of the IGC]

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 08:57:32 EST 2014

Dear All,
Thank you all so very much for this expression of confidence. I promise to
do my very best not to disappoint.
Congratulations Mawaki.
Thank you Imran.
And thank you everyone who has put in so much hard work up to now.
And for all the kind messages of congratulation and support.
Best wishes from Saint Lucia in the currently sunshine and showers Caribbean
Deirdre

On 5 February 2014 06:44, Mawaki Chango <kichango at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> This is not an inaugural speech -- although if I had to deliver one it
> would rather sound like a war-time Churchillian speech :-)
> As I am preparing to travel and will be traveling quite a bit over the
> next several weeks for work assignments, I want to make sure I acknowledge
> the results before I run out of airtime on my mobile connection :(
>
> So first of all, thank you all for your votes, your nice and
> congratulatory words, your support and encouragement --here and off-list.
> Thank you to Sala and her visible and invisible voluntary staff in the
> handling of this election. Thanks again to her, Norbert and all previous
> co-coordinators for having brought us this far. I am humbled by both the
> great history of IGC and the rumble (or at best, in the limbo) it seems to
> find itself in these days, and will try to mobilize the best and every good
> will I am ever capable of to try and correct our path with your support and
> good will (please) as well.
>
> Be also sure that while I may be relatively silent in the coming days,
> maybe weeks, I will be revisiting and studying the Caucus Charter and
> liaising with my fellow co-co in order to organize our approach to this
> responsibility.
>
> Speaking of whom... My heartfelt congratulations to Deirdre for having won
> a whopping 2/3 (okay, nearly 2/3) of the votes. Now that's a mandate! I
> could not have imagined a better result for the 2-year ride (whew, I dodged
> that one! :-)), as I stand ready to be guided by your wisdom, good
> judgement and good temper (we're desperately in need of this, as you know.)
>
> Merci a tous pour vos votes, votre soutien et vos mots d'encouragement,
> ici comme en privé. Je mesure la lourdeur de la tache qui nous attend et
> essayerai de faire de mon mieux pour favoriser une participation plurielle
> et aider ce Caucus a retrouver sa grandeur ou en tout cas la pertinence
> qu'il eut dans un passé pas si lointain.
>
> Cordialement, a votre service!
>
> Mawaki
> Co-coordinator Elect/ Incoming Co-coordinator
> as you wish
> Your servant, in any case.
>

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Aminou Ndala TITA <
> aminou20022001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello
>> I am happy to have voted this time.
>> Congratlation and good luck to the new coordinators.
>>
>> Ta taa

>> >vacant. During the calls for election, we had received the following
>> >nominations:
>> >

>> >1) Deirdre Williams
>> >
>> >2) Imran Ahmed Shah
>> >
>> >3) Mawaki Chango
>> >
>> >4) Mwendwa Kivuva
>> >

>> >Prior to holding the elections, Mwendwa Kivuva withdrew leaving only
>> three
>> >remaining candidates. Prior to hosting the elections and preparing ballot
>> >papers, we had to verify and check our subscriber database to ensure that
> [...]

"The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979