[governance] IGC ELECTION RESULTS [Welcoming the New Coordinators of the IGC]

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 05:44:49 EST 2014

Dear All,

This is not an inaugural speech -- although if I had to deliver one it
would rather sound like a war-time Churchillian speech :-)
As I am preparing to travel and will be traveling quite a bit over the next
several weeks for work assignments, I want to make sure I acknowledge the
results before I run out of airtime on my mobile connection :(

So first of all, thank you all for your votes, your nice and congratulatory
words, your support and encouragement --here and off-list.
Thank you to Sala and her visible and invisible voluntary staff in the
handling of this election. Thanks again to her, Norbert and all previous
co-coordinators for having brought us this far. I am humbled by both the
great history of IGC and the rumble (or at best, in the limbo) it seems to
find itself in these days, and will try to mobilize the best and every good
will I am ever capable of to try and correct our path with your support and
good will (please) as well.

Be also sure that while I may be relatively silent in the coming days,
maybe weeks, I will be revisiting and studying the Caucus Charter and
liaising with my fellow co-co in order to organize our approach to this
responsibility.

Speaking of whom... My heartfelt congratulations to Deirdre for having won
a whopping 2/3 (okay, nearly 2/3) of the votes. Now that's a mandate! I
could not have imagined a better result for the 2-year ride (whew, I dodged
that one! :-)), as I stand ready to be guided by your wisdom, good
judgement and good temper (we're desperately in need of this, as you know.)

Merci a tous pour vos votes, votre soutien et vos mots d'encouragement, ici
comme en privé. Je mesure la lourdeur de la tache qui nous attend et
essayerai de faire de mon mieux pour favoriser une participation plurielle
et aider ce Caucus a retrouver sa grandeur ou en tout cas la pertinence
qu'il eut dans un passé pas si lointain.

Cordialement, a votre service!

Mawaki
Co-coordinator Elect/ Incoming Co-coordinator
as you wish
Your servant, in any case.