[governance] IGF 2014 and UN SIDS Conference

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:36:31 EDT 2014

Dear All,

I trust that you are all excited as I am about this year's IGF. There are
three pressing things requiring my attendance all within the span of the
same time - the IGF and the South East Asia Computer Confederation
Executive meeting in Sri Lanka. As it takes quite some time to travel from
the South seas to the North, my current responsibilities demand my
maximizing efficiency, although I know the IGF is going to be pretty
awesome. I will be streaming in from the Pacific.

I will say this though, we have got some developmental initiatives in the
Pacific lined up that is going to be pretty dynamic in terms of advancing
development and I am excited about the future of the Internet in the
Pacific.

Whilst I cannot be there at the IGF in person this time, I will be
participating remotely.

For those of you who have friends who will be attending the UN SIDS
conference, kindly invite them to attend the ICT for Sustainable
Development Side event.

We (University of the South Pacific) are organising a Side Event at the
this year's* United Nations Small Islands Developing States* Conference
called:

ICT for Sustainable Development