The IGC is not an organisation. Was Re: [governance] IGC meeting in Istanbul

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Mon Aug 25 12:18:01 EDT 2014

On 25/08/2014 2:02 am, Adam wrote:
> But do you have an idea of how much is needed?
>
> If donations made to the coordinators (or others, Jeremy?) in person, what currency?  Would be good to know before we met, or all you'll get from me is Turkish Lira :-)

Currently no money is needed; the issue is simply that in the longer
term, whenever we do need money, we have no convenient way of banking
it.  For all the reasons that Deirdre gave (to which I could add a dozen
more reasons), Paypal is the just about the worst of all possible
options.  However, alternatives are thin on the ground.  Maybe Bitcoin?

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org