[governance] How the web lost its way – and its founding principles

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 09:09:25 EDT 2014

This article seems to point to something which has concerned me a lot for a
long time. The information has a tendency to become inextricably confused
with the technology so that the communication becomes degraded. To explain
better - the technology appears to become more important than either the
information or the communication, rather than being a tool at the service
of the communication of the information.

I believe that if we could adjust this imbalance several other difficulties
might automatically correct themselves.

What do others think?

Deirdre

On 25 August 2014 06:11, Adam <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> When Tim Berners-Lee invented the world wide web 24 years ago he thought
> he'd created an egalitarian tool that would share information for the
> greater good. But it hasn't quite worked out like that. What went wrong?
>
> more at:
>
> <
> http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/24/internet-lost-its-way-tim-berners-lee-world-wide-web
> >

> Adam

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979