The IGC is not an organisation. Was Re: [governance] IGC meeting in Istanbul

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 09:04:34 EDT 2014

Please tell me if it does. I haven't received an invoice yet.
Several circumstances unfortunately coincided at the co-coordinator
handover (my new grandson was very definitely one of them) with the result
that to an extent we, Mawaki and I, have been feeling our way in the dark.
My own feeling is that a lot of this "background stuff" needs to be put
right out in the open in plain sight.
I suggest that each person holding a "piece of the jigsaw" sends that piece
to the list;
that those present at the Friday lunchtime meeting in Istanbul, together
with anyone able to join via skype/google hangout/ whatever, put the pieces
together as tidily as possible;
that the completed picture is discussed by the whole group online, tweaked
as necessary, and sent through the approval process.
Is it too ambitious to suggest that we might complete this by the 30th
September?
And Avri - your message arrived while I was writing. Thank you.
Deirdre

On 25 August 2014 08:38, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 07:38:51 -0400
> Deirdre Williams <williams.deirdre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The hosting bill is 13.47 GB pounds every three months.
> > This seems to be the IGC's entire financial responsibility.
>
> Does that already include the cost of keeping the igcaucus.org domain
> name alive? (igcaucus.org seems to be registered at hover.com which
> seems to charge USD 15/year for a .org domain.)
>
> Greetings,
> Norbert

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979