[governance] FW: Humans Need Not Apply: The Robots are Coming (Actually they are already here

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Sat Aug 16 15:12:41 EDT 2014

From: "michael gurstein" <gurstein at gmail.com>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
>
>So what do we do?

I have never needed a job in my life. However, I have at times needed
money badly enough that I was willing to work for it.

The message of the video is a world where we can produce much of what
we need with robots but without jobs we don't know how to distribute
it all.

Right now people have jobs, they get wages, they buy things they and
others produce.

But what's the point of producing all that with robots if you have no
way to get it into the hands of consumers?

It's a paradox which I doubt will stand very long though transition,
as with many large transitions, is likely to be painful for some.

Essentially this is the milieu of the very poor populations of the
world. Nobody with money etc. wants whatever it is they do have (let's
ignore others "stealing" their resources through power, etc.) so they
are poor.

Take comfort in the fact that the very wealthy never worry about their
"jobs" being automated out of existence.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada