[governance] Humans Need Not Apply: The Robots are Coming (Actually they are already here

Thomas Lowenhaupt toml at communisphere.com
Fri Aug 15 23:41:50 EDT 2014

Mike,

Long ago I thought this problem could be solved by reallocating
resources: The availability of farm machinery has created more food than
we know what to do with; and half of New York seems to be filled with
storage bins filled with the abundance of manufactured goods. And I
thought that people be happy to retire at 30.

But assuming an abundance of energy and no environmental limitations,
would I like a 50 year retirement? These days I seem to live for my
work. If some machine takes it away, I'd be left with a diminished life.

How important is work to most peoples lives?

Yes, I agree with the video, and the clock seems to be ticking.

By posting on the governance list are you suggesting that Internet
governance and "technology management" be combined?

Tom Lowenhaupt