[governance] Fwd: RE: Courtesy Visa for Turkey and funding

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 13:10:22 EDT 2014

Yeah, the thing is that it doesn't get any better if it were a paid tourist
or regular business/meeting visa, as the locations involved don't get
closer one way or another ;)

Maybe your last hope in this kind of situation is to find out whether the
consulate would accept an online or a mail-in application whereby you can
send them your paperwork (whether with scanned passport pages or with the
passport itself if mail-in.) The idea here is that they might be willing to
let you know in a timely fashion if and when your application is cleared so
that you can book combined but decoupled itineraries (ie, 2 separate
tickets) so as to include a stop at the consulate in order to collect your
visa on your way out. For instance: (Syracuse - NYC) in the morning + trip
to the consulate + (NYC - Istanbul) in the evening, assuming flights
availability.

This is just a suggestion based on some of the travel gymnastic I remember
doing in similar cases, but of course it depends on what is acceptable
administrative procedure for the consulate at hand.
Good luck,

Mawaki