[governance] Russia demands Internet users show ID to access public Wifi

Oksana Prykhodko sana.pryhod at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 02:11:38 EDT 2014

Dear Analia,
I will provide details on streaming later.
Best regards,
Oksana
On Sunday, August 10, 2014, Analia Aspis <analia.aspis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Oksana,
> Greetings from Argentina. Will you have streaming for the event?
> Kind regards,
> AnalĂ­a Aspis
>
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 5:44 AM, Oksana Prykhodko <sana.pryhod at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Dear all,
>> I am writing to you from Ukraine - I hope you know that we are in the
stage of undeclared war with Russia.
>> The issue of WiFi access is extremely important, I travelled a lot, I
saw the demand to picture yourself in Hungary to get access to Internet at
railway station. No problems.
>> The problem is with censorship. It was great to participate in EuroDIG
this year in Berlin. It was a disaster not to be heard at all. Few minutes
ago I did receive information that German ISP Hetzner Online AG apologized
for their attempts to block Ukrainian media Glavcom on demand of Russian
censorship.
>> On October 2 2014  we will organize our traditional Forum in Kiev
(Ukraine). This time we will change its title - from Media for information
society to Media for information society and against war.
>> We have very limited budget. We can't pay for participations of a lot of
foreign experts. We would be happy to see all of you in Kiev. At least on
remote basis))))

chaitanyabd at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
India pov) given the fact that:
naturally expect that if there's some form of public wifi the service
provider would ask for ID proof...?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/08/us-russia-internet-idUSKBN0G81RV20140808

http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>- June 5