[governance] Fwd: [IGFmaglist] Invitation to High Level Leaders Meeting on 1 September 2014

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 17:14:49 EDT 2014

I think Sala was right
Izumi, Kindly attend and be our eyes on he high-level session.
Remmy

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Precisely because there are very few CS people there is the reason you
> need to be there and report back on developments.
>
> Let us know and be our eyes and ears.
>
> Many thanks,
> Sala
>

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org> wrote:
>
>> Being a Civil Society MAG member, I just received the following
>> invitation to High Level Leaders Meeting on Sep. 1
>>
>> To be honest, I have some ambiguous feeling about this. Having looked at
>> the list of invited speakers, I see very few Civil Society
>> people/organizations. There is no good balance.
>>
>> Not knowing how the selection made, maybe some well-respected CS people
>> might have declined to be there, with schedule conflict with other events,
>> or with some reservation etc.
>> I honestly don't know.
>>
>> Just sitting there and listening to all speeches don't make sense, on the
>> one hand.
>> On the other, I don't want to see this meeting with much fewer
>> participants from the civil society.
>>
>> Just sharing my feeling and thought now.
>>
>> Will decide after hearing from you guys ;-).
>>
>> many thanks,
>>
>> izumi

____
REMMY NWEKE,
Lead Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
(publishers of) DigitalSENSE Business News;
ITREALMS, NaijaAgroNet
(Multiple-award winning medium)
Published by: DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza
Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475,
T: @ITRealms <http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
[Member, NIRA Executive Board]
Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in Nigeria
<https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeria‎>
NDS Forum on Internet Governance for Development (IG4D) 2014<
http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>- June 5
Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable 2014 <http://www.ipv6forumnigeria.ng> - June 6
@Welcome Centre Hotels. Register now. Email: remnekkv at gmail.com
*Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
any copies. Violators may face court persecution.