[governance] WSIS 10+

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Mon Aug 4 11:04:35 EDT 2014

On 04.08.14 12:18, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global Journal wrote:
> Nota Bene: Wolfgang, I hope you noticed that I did not mention the
> troubling fact that the US surveillance of all Internet users browsing
> and emailing over the beautiful unified, un-fragmented Internet under
> one single root-zone management, and of all phone users, including
> president Rousseff, Chancellor Merkel, European diplomats, BRICS
> diplomats, all diplomats, politicians, citizens, that were hostage of
> the US surveillance paranoia and infernalia. We all pay for that.

Yes, we do all pay for that.

But then, what can we do to resolve this situation? The US secret
services agencies will continue to do all of this, no matter what. This
is why they exist. Most of them run on military style management, and
obeying orders is mandatory there. The same can be said about the secret
services of any other country. Or any special interests group.

My experience dealing with this kind of 'operations' is that your
working route is publicity. Talk about it. Don't let them do it in
secret. Cops hate being exposed. Let Internet users become aware what is
going on. Don't waste your time politicizing it, in the sense of "those
bad XYZ spying on us good ABC", because this is nonsense (and not true
in general). If Internet users don't mind being subject of surveillance,
who are we to force them?

If Internet users are so upset about this situation, they as individuals
having (whatever - voting, buying, etc) power will act up and fix it.

Isn't this how democracy should function? :-)

Daniel