[governance] . (was Re: US District Court for DC - IRAN/SYRIA - ICANN)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun Aug 3 18:19:52 EDT 2014

Jean-Christophe Nothias <jeanchristophe.nothias at gmail.com> wrote, in
response to an email of Daniel Kalchev:

> Something worries me a bit, at the very end of your email.
>
> > Democracy dies centuries ago in ancient Greece and Rome. Remember?
>
> What do you suggest here?

While of course I can't speak for Daniel, in my view the point is very
important that democracy is something which can die.

We need to cherish and intentionally preserve and protect democracy,
and insist that whatever serious bugs there may be in the current
implementations must be fixed, if we don't want democracy to die on
us again!

Democracy must not be taken for granted.

Greetings,
Norbert