[governance] Killing the net neutral Internet

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sat Aug 2 02:03:25 EDT 2014

parminder [02/08/14 11:22 +0530]:
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/11005228/Facebook-brings-free-web-access-to-Africa-with-Internet.org-app.html
>
>One can think of the immediate benefit, or the soon to come disaster
>of a fully controlled Internet. Take your choice!

As far as I can see, you would have cause for complaint if facebook was the
only site available for free. And as far as I can also see, there is
nothing (beyond available money reasons) that stops people from adding a
full fledged data plan to their cellphone. This isn't a monopoly either.

I don't particularly care if you are allergic to facebook, but please let
us not raise spectres where there aren't any.