[governance] NETmundial: Some useful visualisations

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 12:55:11 EDT 2014

Dear Geetha,
Thank you for the information, but on (as you might say) a point of order -
please clarify what is meant by "contributed to NETmundial". I participated
remotely all day yesterday and so far today, and observed several
interventions from Cuba and the Dominican Republic (I'm from the Caribbean)
which are clearly marked (and labelled) on your map as not contributing. My
own particular small island is too small to show on the map although it is
a sovereign country, as is Trinidad and Tobago which also isn't there.
There were contributions both to the draft document and to the meeting from
both small island states.

Aggregated information like this needs to be handled rather carefully, and
small countries are important too. I have limited my comments to my own
casual knowledge of my own region - the Caribbean.

Deirdre

On 24 April 2014 12:29, Geetha Hariharan <geetha at cis-india.org> wrote:

> Some interesting visualisations from Centre for Internet and Society
> about the NETmundial contributions. The visualisations have been done by
> Sumandro Chattapadhyay based on quantitative data gatherered from the
> contributions.
>
> Tracking word use: 'multi-stakeholder' and 'multi-stakeholderism' across
> all NETmundial contributions:
> http://ajantriks.github.io/netmundial/track_multistakeholder.html
>
> Which countries have not contributed to NETmundial:
>
> http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/blog/net-mundial-which-countries-have-not-contributed-to-net-mundial
>
> Which governments have not contributed to NETmundial:
>
> http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/blog/net-mundial-which-governments-have-not-contributed-to-net-mundial
>
> NETmundial contributions, visualised by countries of origin:
>
> http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/blog/net-mundial-contributions-by-countries-of-origin
>
> What organisations have submitted contributions to NETmundial?
>
> http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/blog/net-mundial-contributions-by-types-of-organisation
>
> Some word-counts:
>
> http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/blog/net-mundial-comparing-appearance-of-fifty-most-frequent-words
>
> http://cis-india.org/internet-governance/blog/net-mundial-word-clouds-of-contributions-by-types-of-organisation

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979