[governance] Fwd: Netmundial address

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 15:40:20 EDT 2014

Dear Nnenna,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your warm spirit and generosity,
inclusivity, wisdom and maturity. I watched your speech via
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KemK8YbHrI [*15:02 -25:37*] for those who
may have missed it.

Thank you for opening your heart out to the community to add their input
and you led the way by showing us what collaboration looks like, even
though you did not have to. The philosophy behind speaks volumes.

As you stood in front of the Net Mundial community to speak, you spoke not
only for civil society but for many more. You reached out and touched the
core of the human spirit. Every stakeholder within the Internet Governance
who was there or who will read the speech, now called "Nnenna's Speech" or
watch the video will no doubt pause and reflect on the message you shared.
I am thankful that you were one of the earlier speakers as you set the
context and the tone. The* Nnenna's Speech* is like the Gettysburg Address
of the Internet - one that will be remembered and recorded in history.

As someone from Oceania/Pacific, I loved what you said about Access, Social
and Economic Justice, Transparency, Open and Free internet, capacity
building not for a few but for many etc.

Setting the context and the tone before the beginning of a meeting is
critical as it affects how the environment and discussions are managed.
Yes, whilst I am far away in Fiji from you and the Net Mundial but I am
with you in spirit and via technology. :):)

Merci Beacoup Nnenna!

Sala