[governance] NetMundial opening ceremony address (Civil Society) Draft speech plan

Oksana Prykhodko sana.pryhod at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 05:55:47 EDT 2014

Dear Nnenna, excellent points with trust as a priority.
best regards,
Oksana

tracyhackshaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Excellent approach Nnenna!
> Use the platform well.
> /t
> Sent from BlackBerry Q10
Internet Governance Forum
> Subject: Re: [governance] NetMundial opening ceremony address (Civil
Society) Draft speech plan
> Hi Marie, all
>
> I hope I will.  Trust is one that is a principle as well as a road map.
And  I am convinced that it is key. And like many colleagues have noted,
all actions that destroy trust destroy the Internet (non acceptance of Net
neutrality, unwarranted surveillance, threats of cyberwar etc)

> I know it is a challenge to build, as stakeholders enlarge and the stakes
get higher...

> But build it, we must
>
> All for now
>
> Nnenna
>

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Marie GEORGES <marie.georges at noos.fr>
wrote:

> Many thanks Nnema,
> Hope you will make clear that point 7 on trust became 1st priority
> after  Snowden's revelations on mass surveillance and on how some States
managed to keep or introduce back door in equipments and poor
cryptographical  tools,
> THAT, for the sake of ITC and development,  it is all the more urgent
 Governments concerned make clear to the world  that they STOP  mass
surveillance and that they STOP using  internet as a new armed battle field
while more and more the world depends daily on that infrastructure.
> Best regards
> Marie
> Le 21 avr. 2014 à 18:07, Nnenna Nwakanma a écrit :
>
> Dear all
>
> I have received some 100+ feedback on the request for issues to be
included.   Here are a few remarks from my end:

> 1. It is not possible to bring all our issues to fore. We have a choice
of either rolling out most issues and getting them drowned, or picking out
2-3 key issues and building them up. I'm choosing the later.