[governance] NetMundial opening ceremony address (Civil Society) Draft speech plan

Martial Bavou bavouc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:10:33 EDT 2014

Good for me.

From: governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org [mailto:governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org] On Behalf Of Nnenna Nwakanma
Sent: lundi 21 avril 2014 17:07
To: Governance; <bestbits at lists.bestbits.net>; Discussion List on African Internet Governance Forum
Subject: [governance] NetMundial opening ceremony address (Civil Society) Draft speech plan

Dear all

I have received some 100+ feedback on the request for issues to be included.   Here are a few remarks from my end:

1. It is not possible to bring all our issues to fore. We have a choice of either rolling out most issues and getting them drowned, or picking out 2-3 key issues and building them up. I'm choosing the later.

2. NetMundial is dealing with two key challenges: Principles and Road Map for the future of Internet Governance. In as much as it might be important to  decry most ongoings, I believe it is far more valuable to step into the future, anticipate and advance leading thoughts.

3. I only have 8 minutes and in reality, the speech needs to be constrained to 7.  So below is a brief outline:

===
Draft minute by minute:

1.	Intro of Nnenna: Africa,  Best Bits and  Internet Governance Caucus
2.	Intro of the Web Foundation: Mission, and key activities
3.	On principles: a) Access  b) social change and justice
4.	On principles c) Human Rights and Freedoms
5.	On Roadmap: a) Participation b) resources
6.	On Roadmap: c) Change (accountability, transparency)
7.	Overarching issue: Trust and positive agenda
8.	Thanks

===

All for now

Nnenna