[governance] How to address the cooptation problem? (was Re: Breaking my silence... )

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Apr 21 05:44:04 EDT 2014

For a change, we appear to agree here. Quoting my reply to chinmayi -

-----

Thanks for making these points, which by the way could very well have been
made without dragging in speculation on whether subi did or did not
plagiarize for her dissertation.

While I agree about the points you made on transparency and full disclosure,
these are best targeted at a discussion on the future appointment of chairs
for multistakeholder events.

And perhaps some clarity and a proportionate response to such appointments
based on whether the co chair of a particular event is a honorary figurehead
or is supposed to play an active role in shaping the agenda and outcomes.