[governance] Re: [bestbits] Letters from Indian Civil Society organisations to the Chair of NetMundial regarding appointment of civil society co-chair

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Fri Apr 11 12:16:21 EDT 2014

Am Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:47:03 -0400
schrieb McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:
> > McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > Hence my conclusion is that the lack of any obvious track-record of
> > the kind of work outlined above is pretty damning evidence in
> > itself.
>
> and being on the MAG isn't a 'track record"?
>
> Seriously?

Last I checked the "M" in "MAG" stood for "Multistakeholder", so why
would being on the MAG qualify someone to represent civil society at
the "stakeholder group co-chair" level of Netmundial???

Well if Subi had been proposed/nominated by a reputable civil society
body to serve there as a "civil society representative", that'd be
something that could be considered as part of the kind of track record
that I was talking about. But to my best knowledge that wasn't the case.

Greetings,
Norbert