[governance] Multistakeholder model

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:59:25 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Deirdre Williams
<williams.deirdre at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Apart from ICANN four "ad hoc groups" are mentioned directly, five if you
> count ISOC which "collectively organize[s]" them. There is no denying that
> each of these five is a "stakeholder", and, being more than one they qualify
> as "multi". However there is no diversity - in fact they are described as "
> the engineering corps of the Internet".
>
> So is this the "multistakeholder model" that we are discussing?

Only in part.

There are other standards bodies, other orgs that work on numbers,
hundreds of DNS orgs, and lots of folk in issue areas that have
self-organised in many hundreds of  CS bodies to tackle challenges
they see.

Don't get distracted by something that was probably initially drafted
by a 20 year old Congressional intern!

--
Cheers,

McTim