[governance] Proof of delivery

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Sep 27 17:50:36 EDT 2013

Thanks Carlos

I would think that Dilma's UN speech marks a somewhat historic moment in
global IG. Also historic is the wide support from global civil society
for her speech.

Dilma's speech is historic in marking Brazil's return to the very
forefront of progressive politics in global governance of the Internet.
This will begin to considerably shift the landscape. A new focal point
of progressive leadership was badly needed to disrupt the artificially
created and sustained bipolarity between the 'freedom loving' US allies
on one side and you-know-what China, Russia et al on the other (and
everyone else be damned). Brazil is likely to (re)emerge as that focal
point.

The widespread civil society support to Dilma's speech was rather
spontaneous, and somewhat unexpected. It too could in itself mark a
historic turn - of civil society returning to the real politics of
global governance arena, after having resided in somewhat rarefied and
unreal atmospherics for quite some time, especially since the end of the
WSIS.

We will preserve this picture as marking those historic points :). (I
agree that Carlos suit completely outshines Dilma's normally impeccable
attire :) )

parminder