[governance] Fwd: [IP] Google’s Gmail Keyword Scanning Might Violate Wiretap Law, Judge Finds

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Sep 26 21:17:58 EDT 2013

This could be a big judgement, contributing to jurisprudence on and with
regard to the Internet..

States and big business have unilaterally begun to treat private content
transmitted on the Internet differently than content that is transmitted
over phone or by post in terms of its complete privacy... This is a
wrong reading, but states and big business - both wanting access to
private info - are in cahoots to make this inappropriate interpretation.

The neutrality of the carriers must be restored. They should make their
money by just getting paid for carriage or putting up ads around the
carriage system -  but not by tapping into the monetary value of private
data/ information

parminder