[governance] [bestbits] [letter to Dilma Rousseff] merging threads from IGC and BB

Gene Kimmelman genekimmelman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 09:26:44 EDT 2013

In this world, money always talks; democracy is at best messy; we need to
be able to act quickly in response to policy opportunities, or we limit our
own ability to influence political processes -- so compromise languague is
necessary to bring a broad global network together; and we must also be
clever -- politics will always interfere with even the most wonderful
democratic processes and legislation can change up to the last minute, so
we need to be EQUALLY prepared to withdraw or adjust our support for
efforts that go awry.