[governance] Mapping IGC Member Activities

Baudouin SCHOMBE baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 05:17:36 EDT 2013

I just wanted to clarify that locally, for standing up a platform local
Internet governance in place, we have a bitter Consat. We have been
surprised by the attitude of the various controversial government officials
who oppose the use of the internet. They see the Internet as a harmful and
dangerous technology for the security of the country and especially for the
education of children.

Paradoxically, 80% of young people use the internet, but only about 15% use
the public know various Internet resources. Among adults, only 0.5 to 1%.
The internet is exploited to 85% in private companies.
90% of the general public does not use the Internet for economic reasons,
social, cultural and even political.
However, most non-governmental organizations has commenced, initiate
training in IT in some communities in Ayany target groups like youth.

The African Cultural Exchange Center (CAFEC) has opted gait with a
participatory local development committees in the process of
decentralization taking place in the country to establish community access
centers equipped with libraries as needed expressed by the direct
beneficiaries during training information workshops.

This is not a case which explains the need to take into account the needs
EXPRESSED and turn them into positive action for the benefit of
communities.

the free and open internet depends largely on marketing communications and
use that follows.

The biggest problem now lies in the production of local content.