[governance] Mapping IGC Member Activities

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun Sep 8 11:04:48 EDT 2013

Sala <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> As it is there is already so much noise (challenges, competing
> priorities, political, socio economic issues) have to address that
> issues that we as a global community identify as critical or threats
> to an open and free internet can easily be laid on the backburner.
>
> Recently, we heard from our friends in Pakistan on what they are
> doing in their countries to raise awareness. Perhaps it could be
> useful to hear what civil society members are doing in their
> respective countries whether in Universities, or within their
> organisations or within their countries governments to advocate for
> an open and free internet. We could map and list this on the etherpad
> and it could prove useful for those wishing to share resources and
> experiences. What are your thoughts?

A good idea, but I'm thinking that in order for this to work out, at
least someone would have to make a personal commitment to work on this
mapping exercise in a sustained manner...

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Recommendations for effective and constructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person