[governance] On "ad hominem" and "twisting words"

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Sep 7 06:01:16 EDT 2013

On Saturday 07 September 2013 03:24 PM, Peter H. Hellmonds wrote:
> Parminder,
>
> Bertrand offered to discuss this with you offline at one of the coming occasions:
>
> "We will have other opportunities to address this in person in the coming months, if the grudge persists after a few weeks."
>
> Rather than drawing the whole list into this argument, I suggest you take him up on his offer. He should be back from vacation now.

Peter

If you would have read my email you'd see that I consider this as much a
matter to place on this list as Bertrand thought it originally with
regard to his email. So maybe you should have told Bertrand to write
such stuff offline.

As for the specific text you quoted, I hate patronizing even more than
direct accusations, especially when patronizing is done 'after the act'....

parminder