[governance] RE: [liberationtech] Call for Tenders SMART 2013/N004 “European Capability for Situational Awareness” (ECSA) - European Federation for cyber-censorship and human rights monitoring

Camino.MANJON at ec.europa.eu Camino.MANJON at ec.europa.eu
Wed Sep 4 03:39:48 EDT 2013

Dear Andrew,

It is not out department in charge of blocking Tor users from accessing content hosted under Europa,eu.

Conversations with the DG In charge (DG DIGIT) as most of you know, have been long and unfruitful so far.

I am on leave now but at my return I will retake conversations with the officials in charge of the internal EC security to see the chances to lift the ban.

Please do not blame us for needing to find freedom reasons to allow access. We do our utmost, but some times one policy officer can´t challenge on her own and in the glimpse of an eye the entire security policy of the big institution we are.

I wish you can find other means to access the content, otherwise, you can find the relevant documents attached.

As usual, I remain available for clarifications and for a friendly chat, as I would not like to see this becoming into an "EC name & shame" issue due to the Tor restrictions. We also do good work which should not be shaded by this incident, although it is also not my intention to play it down.

All the best and I hope the attachments can help.

Best regards

Ms Camino Manjon