[governance] CNN: Interview with Rep. Mike Rogers Chairman of the Congressional Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Oct 28 04:48:24 EDT 2013

At 06:06 28/10/2013, michael gurstein wrote:
>http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2013/10/27/exp-sotu-mike-rogers-part-1.cnn&hpt=hp_t1&from_homepage=yes

We are engaged in a WWW (whole world war) to grab the  "huge bounty"
(RFC 6852) resulting from the digital wholization (*).

This war has laws. Our priority should concern these laws, as we can
ethically only side with people who are respecting the law in
protecting themselves/us. An important clarification step on the laws
that apply is the Tallin Manual (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallinn_Manual).

Edouard Snowden has made people aware of that war. It takes time for
them to digest the shock.
(1) First they are shocked by the awareness of some of the war acts,
because the ongoing war do not fit with their picture of modernity.
(2) Then they will be shocked in realizing what is the impact of this
war on their daily life (the crisis).
(3) Then they will start being interested in the ways for them to
practically survive to this war, for some to take advantage from it,
and how to get organized to reduce the impact.
(4) Then they will start better knowing, more deeply understanding
and comprehending together, so they can terminate it.

IMHO the survival priority today for politicians, activists,
professionals and lead users is level 3.

jfc

(*) The "wholization" concept is most common in other languages, like
French, under the term of "globalisation" (The English "global"
concept is then termed as "mondial"). It results from the synergy
which makes the well known Aristotelician difference between the
whole and the sum of its parts. Complexity makes this synergy
positive (negentropy), complication makes this synergy negative
(entropy). In the digital case, the I* Society has identified the
difference as a "huge bounty" (RFC 6852) that results from its
standards. In turn, these standards should be driven by the economy
of the markets of the internet global communities.