AW: AW: [governance] [Fwd: Re: [bestbits] Sign-On Statement regarding the 2014 Internet Governance Summit in Brazil]

parminder at itforchange.net parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Oct 26 06:12:13 EDT 2013

> As I said in the meeting and in my mail mail: We have to do both. We have
> to bring our own house in order and develop strong, clear and constructive
> positions (independently)

Yes, we need to mention that we will organise independently, which is not
there...

but we have also to signal clear that we want to
> cooperate with all the other stakeholders.

Cant see how we can progress with cooperating with all stakeholders -
which must be carefully demarcated from beong co-opted - whether by
governments, or business, or the technical community....

You gave only one side of the
> coin, but the coin has two sides.

The statement is not at all clear about independent organising and
representation - and putting forward a specific interim mechanism. That is
the need of the hour... So, it is the current statement that is giving
only one side of the coin.

parminder

I recommend to read Salas reply from