[governance] Ad hoc Best Bits strategy meeting tomorrow lunchtime

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 18:01:33 EDT 2013

McTim,

Thanks for the clarification. I may have made an error, but I did not
"decide" to do so. Since the segment we're discussing was the very first
lines of your response to a message, inserted after the very first
paragraph of the latter, and you kept the whole paragraph in place and in
block, then my mis-reading becomes very likely. The only two ways I see
which would have avoided any ambiguity are i) that you cut out the first
section of the paragraph that was not concerned by your response which
followed (since you didn't have any earlier response to insert between that
first section and the latter part of the para.) or ii) that there is an
objective, material impossibility for the reader to associate the meaning
of your response to the whole paragraph, including the first part of it.
Short of both, my reading becomes quite plausible. Otherwise...

they are forming a new coalition that will create a
> "grassroots" campaign, with the pre-determined objective of reasserting
the
> primacy of "the" multi-stakeholder model against "government-centric"
> models.

Of course this is a good thing as long as the coalition is truly
multistakeholder (which is key here), isn't that what all our efforts have
been about? I did not think one second that Jeremy was complaining about
that (again, assuming full MS-ism is granted), or would object to that
--isn't that obvious? That's, for instance, something I wouldn't find
enough time during the day to question, but then again I may be wrong since
it's never wise to believe 100 percent that one can speak for somebody
else. As I understood it, the whole para. was intended to summarily
compensate for the reporting which J. started the para. saying he hadn't
have a chance to do --that's particularly and literally the case for the
latter half, the first one being a more personal assessment of the dynamic
at the meeting. So I guess this whole sub-thread is just about the way we
read and write stuff... that's why I'm always open to people, including
myself, clarifying what they mean. At this point though, I think we have
enough clarity as to where the misunderstanding came from which led us
here, so I rest my case.

Cheers,
mawaki