[governance] Monitoring Information Controls During the Bali IGF

Ronald Deibert r.deibert at utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 25 09:08:31 EDT 2013

Dear IG list

Citizen Lab is publishing a series of blog posts/reports on "Monitoring Information Controls During the Bali IGF."
There is a framing post here, which we published at the beginning of the IGF 2013 event:
https://citizenlab.org/2013/10/monitoring-information-controls-bali-igf/

And then three subsequent reports cover the following topics:

IGF 2013 (Part 1 of 4): Overview of Indonesian Internet Infrastructure and Governance:
https://citizenlab.org/2013/10/igf-2013-an-overview-of-indonesian-internet-infrastructure-and-governance

IGF 2013 (Part 2 of 4): Analyzing Content Controls
https://citizenlab.org/2013/10/igf-2013-analyzing-content-controls-indonesia

IGF 2013: (Part 3 of 4): Exploring Communications Surveillance in Indonesia
https://citizenlab.org/2013/10/igf-2013-exploring-communications-surveillance-indonesia

A final post on the IGF event will be forthcoming.

We undertook the research and wrote these posts during the IGF event itself, using a variety of methods, with the collaboration of our
Indonesian civil society partners (who wish to remain anonymous at this time).  We would also like
to thank Collin Anderson for his contribution of OONI probe tests to the content controls post, and Sinta Dewi Rosadi
and Privacy International for their assistance on legal issues around wiretaps and surveillance.

Ronald Deibert
Director, the Citizen Lab
and the Canada Centre for Global Security Studies
Munk School of Global Affairs
University of Toronto
(416) 946-8916
PGP: http://deibert.citizenlab.org/pubkey.txt