[governance] Update Re: Sign-On Statement regarding the 2014 Internet Governance Summit in Brazil

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Fri Oct 25 07:43:34 EDT 2013

Dear all

Here's a quick update in regard to the statement at
http://igcaucus.org/sign-on.html :

We currently have 17 organizational and 12 individual endorsements,
with a very nice international spread.

I think it would be important to make all the relevant national and
regional IGF mailing lists aware of this, together with a good
explanation of the background of what is going on.

Is someone willing to write up an introductory text suitable for
bringing people up-to-date who have not been following things closely?

I envision that such a background text should be posted, together with
the link to the sign-on statement, to all available mailing lists of
national and regional IGF and other Internet policy related networks.

I see the purpose of this not only in getting additional endorsements,
but even more in getting people to start thinking about what is going
on here, and about what kind of role they might want to take in this.

Greetings,
Norbert