[governance] Breakfast Chat

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 17:04:25 EDT 2013

Hi Shaila,

That is the point of this exercise to gather feedback and channel it back
to the Coalition. I should also add that developing a starting point for
the discussion is a massive feat and the Coalition should be congratulated.
The process clearly does'nt end in Bali as communities around the world
also need to have the discussion. Human Rights Conventions namely the ICCPR
and ICESCR and the subsequent optional protocols represent the camps and
distinctions in philosophical base for nation states. For something like
the Internet where diverse stakeholders who are just a drop in the bucket
of the 2.7billion people who use the internet, we are bound to have
diversity and that is to be expected. However from the IGC, it would be
useful to also see how people are feeling about some of the specific
principles.

Hope this helps! Also we need to get the message out to our communities.

Sala