[governance] Fw: Civil Society speaker: IGF Opening ceremony - Nnenna

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Oct 21 08:10:25 EDT 2013

Dear Nnenna

Here is one thought... it's a relatively heavy-weight one, so given
that they'll probably only give you a short timespan, I think  you'll
probably be forced to either use it as a very major part of your
intervention or avoid it altogether...

 So often we hear claims that multistakeholder cooperation makes things
 so much better for everyone including the end user. We should have some
 verifiability and accountability around those claims. What specifically
 does it take to make tech/Internet governance have a significant
 positive impact say on empowering people to overcome poverty? Or on
 preventing or reducing specific kinds of human rights violations?

Greetings,
Norbert