[governance] CS speakers

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Oct 21 05:18:07 EDT 2013

Thanks for the information, Izumi... (also for attention of other MAG
members)

THis issue about civil society participation was extensively discussed
on this list, and BestBits, some weeks ago...

If I remember right, MAG members were specifically requested to do
something and let us know....

So, well, we as civil society persons did all that we could..... Not
sure what and how did MAG follow up if they at all did...

Good to let us know why no one really took this issue up despite
repeated requests from members here..

And  a connected issues - can you please tell us how civil society
speakers were selected, and what does MAG members know about it....

There was  a time when we even used to have a nomcom process for civil
society rep selection, at other times there were less formal but still
some kind of inclusive processes.... It is very disturbing what have
things come to now... No one even knows what is happening. .

parminder