[governance] CS speakers

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Oct 21 04:11:11 EDT 2013

Izumi AIZU <aizu at anr.org> wrote:

> MAG members of the Civil society groups were asked at the last minute
> too send the names of the candidates for the opening session speaker,
> and some of us sent some names, and the IGF Secretariat decided.
>
> There was no time honestly to consult with say IGC.
>
> I was naively expecting that the IGC co-cos were already asked, or,
> being Prepared

We're of course ready to speak on behalf of the IGC when the IGC is
offered a speaking slot (as per what the IGC Charter says about this) but
we're not impolitely pounding on the doors of the MAG or of the IGF
Secretariat to demand speaking slots.

> but unfortunately, that seems to be not the case.
>
> There should be sufficient time and more transparent process, I agree.

Has CS been singled out with this kind of treatment, or have all groups
of stakeholders including governments been treated with this kind of
disorganization on an equal footing?

Greetings,
Norbert